Monday, November 29, 2010

Salted Caramel Pictures

Here are some pictures from the making of salted caramels. The beautiful "nut dish" was my mothers and was recently handed down to me. It reminds me of all the wonderful parties she and my father had, this dish always had something special in it, and usually it was her salted pecans, now it's filled with my salted caramels. I think Becky would be just fine with the caramels.

The finished Salted Caramels all wrapped up and ready to be presented to guests.

The finished caramel poured into the prepared pan, dusted with fleur de sel and cooling before being cut into squares. It would be at this point that you would sprinkle the chopped chocolate onto the caramel or add toasted nuts. Make sure you make any additions before it has had a chance to set up or the additions will not become a part of the whole, they'll just roll off.

The caramel cooking on the stove after the addition of the cream mixture. Keep stirring at this point so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. Be very careful, this concoction is seriously hot and when it gets on your skin, it stays there and burns and burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment